Butternut Squash Soup
- 3/4 Cup Guida's Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream, Divided
- 4 Tbsp Guida's Dairy Butter
- 2 Oz Onions, Diced
- 10 Oz Celery, Diced
- 1 Oz Carrots, Diced
- 4-8 Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 6 Oz Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock Or Broth
- 1 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Grated Cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large pot over low to medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft and tender. Add butternut squash.
- Sauté until heated.
- Whisk in flour, stirring to avoid lumps. Add chicken stock, a third at a time, simmering until thickened before adding more.
- Cook until all ingredients are tender. Puree soup using a blender. Add brown sugar and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Adjust flavor to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whip remaining 1/4 cup cream and add cinnamon. Ladle soup into bowls, garnishing each with a dollop of flavored, whipped cream.
* Recipe Courtesy of DairySpot.com