Basic Cheese Souffle
- 1 Cup Guida's Dairy Whole Milk
- 3 Guida's Dairy Eggs, Separated
- 1/4 Cup Guida's Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded White Cheese (like Gruyere, Swiss, Or Jarlsberg)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter a 1-quart souffle dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, salt, mustard, and white pepper. Continue cooking, stirring continually. Add the milk and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add the cheese, stir and remove from the heat.
- In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Stir the yolks into the cheese mixture.
- Carefully fold the cheese into the egg whites. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of CDKitchen.com