Almond Cream Cake
- 1 Cup Guida's Dairy Whipping Cream
- 2 Guida's Dairy Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Sifted Cake Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- Cake: Beat whipping cream until peaks form; add eggs, and beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and continue beating until well mixed; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into a cream mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8x8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or unitl pick comes out clean; allow to cool before frosting.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese until light & fluffy; add the powdered sugar & continue beating until smooth. Add almond flavoring; stir in almonds and spread it on cake.
*Recipe Courtesy of GroupRecipes.com